Wednesday 24 February 2010

Avatar Tutorial - The Joker

So I quickly got bored of my standard avatar and I don't fancy shelling out for Microsoft Points to purchase additional outfits and accessories because if I really wanted to waste my money that much I would simply throw it in the bin. Therefore, I opted to model my avatar on an easily-recognisable icon and began looking around for inspiration.

My first port of call was my games collection and I found what I was looking for straight away - Batman Arkham Asylum. I'm a big fan of the Batman series (and the DC Universe in general) and so it seemed a perfect idea to me to create someone from the Batman world.

After looking around on the internet I came across the perfect one; a video tutorial showing you how to create The Joker. You can check out the video on YouTube here. If you have a YouTube account I recommend you sign up to that channel, they put out some good videos.

Anyway, I give all credit for this to SomeFamousProduction, I did NOT make this avatar myself. However, I have put it on here because some people prefer a simple text tutorial that is easy to follow, and that is what I will provide here.

First of all you need to unlock green hair, but this is really easy. When in the Avatar Creation screen, select "My Features". You will see that "Hairstyles" is the option highlighted and will have a green square around it. Now you need to rotate the Right Analogue Stick for 60 seconds. You will see your avatar getting dizzy. After the full minute, that green square will rotate itself a full 360 degrees. This means that the additional colours and hairstyles have been unlocked.

Right, so these are the settings you will need to use to create the Joker. It isn't fantastic, but personally I don't think it could be beaten. It's obvious who your avatar is supposed to be and the Joker is a really cool character anyway.

Hair - Slicked (green)

Eyes - Eagle (black)

Eyebrows - Bendy (black)

Ears - Shaped

Nose - Sharp

Facial Hair - Twin Moustache (red)

Chin - Sharp

Mouth - Puzzled (it hides under the moustache)

Make him tall and thin, and give him pure white skin.

Tops - Sports Jacket

Bottoms - Pinstripe Pants

Shoes - Black Formal Shoes

Gloves - White

No comments:

Post a Comment