Wednesday 24 February 2010

Updates

So in the last couple of days I have made a few cosmetic changes to the blog and added in some new features, so I thought I may as well draw some attention to them so that people aren't confused or missing out.

First of all I have added some RSS subscription links at the bottom of the page so that you can be instantly alerted every time something new is posted or a comment is made to an existing post.

Just under the title bar you can find some static pages that I have added just for basic information about myself, the blog and some contact details. I put these here rather than clutter up the sidebar or create posts that would quickly get buried under other things and go unnoticed.

Speaking of the sidebar, you can now find my GamerTag on there, as well as my GamerScore Goals for 2010 and the games I am currently willing to boost on (only Gears 2 at the moment). Also, I am using the "Link List" gadget to keep things a little more organised. I really am fussy about presentation, and I'm also fussy about people being able to see things I consider useful (in my mind one of the biggest problems with blogs - useful posts get lost under other information), so I decided to tie the two together. Every time I create a post I deem to be useful, I will create a link for it on the right of the page in the appropriate category. So far we have "My Paths to 100% Completion" and "Miscellaneous". You can expect "Reviews" to be there soon as well.

In regards to my GS Goals for this year, the one I am working hardest towards is 100,000 before Christmas. This is going to be tough, but I'm convinced it can be done. From the time I created this GamerTag to December 25 there are 308 days. 100,000 / 308 = 324.675325, which I'll round up to 350, which is my daily point goal. Multiply that by 7 and we have my weekly goal of 2,450, which I will round up to 2,500. Finally, 2,500 X 4 = 10,000, my monthly target. By March 20, I should have 10,000 points. Following this, I should hit my target on December 20, leaving me with 5 days to account for any mistakes I might make.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment